Advanced Hardware Sequencer for Live Performance.
- Multitrack hardware sequencer with USB, MIDI, CV, and DIN sync connectivity
- Store up to 128 full projects for instant recall
- 16 sequencer tracks, each can hold 64 patterns
- Up to 64 steps per track, with up to 8 notes per step
- Step resolution options include quarter note, eighth note, sixteenth note, twenty-fourth note, and thirty-second note
- Use the Squid Manager software to import/export sequence patterns via your Mac or PC
- Time Warp allows you to save a previously created phrase, even if you’ve accidentally replaced it
- Groove Bend slider adjusts trigger timing to generate rhythmic variations in real time
- Transform your patterns on the fly with up to 48 possible sequencer playback directions
- Speed Modulation section allows you to generate new grooves by altering sequencer playback speed
- Harmonizer function allows you to store and trigger up to 6 custom chords
- Interpolation function will auto-generate a pattern based on your pitch, gate, and velocity settings
The Pioneer DJ Toraiz Squid is an innovative multitrack sequencer that any performing artist can appreciate. Right from the start, you will be impressed with its connectivity — the Toraiz Squid allows you to control synths and drum machines via USB, MIDI, CV, or DIN sync. And its sequencing abilities are equally impressive, along with the ability to play scales and chords in real time with its 16 multicolor LED performance pads. And with the ability to easily import and export sequence patterns with your Mac or PC, the Pioneer DJ Toraiz Squid sequencer is just as powerful for music creation as it is for performance.
One reason the Pioneer DJ Toraiz Squid is such a capable master sequencer is that it’s ready to connect to practically anything in the world of electronic music. Want to use your laptop as a virtual synth rack? Connect the Toraiz Squid via USB and you’re ready to go. Need a sequencer for your hardware synths? Toraiz Squid has a MIDI input and dual MIDI outputs for standard MIDI connectivity. Want to sequence your Eurorack rig or a vintage synth or drum machine? The Toraiz Squid even offers CV/Gate and DIN sync connectivity.
While the real-time creation capabilities of the Toraiz Squid are impressive, it’s hard to beat a computer when it comes to archiving and categorizing your collection of sequence patterns. Connect your Toraiz Squid to your Mac or PC via USB, and you can use the Squid Manager software to manage your sequences. Squid Manager software is a great way to prepare for a live performance too — you can easily organize your saved patterns for different sets and load the appropriate set before your show.
- Type: Sequencer with Performance Pad
- Pads: 16 x Multi-color LED Pads
- Other Controllers: Groove Bend Fader
- Presets: 128 Projects
- Sequencer: 16-track, 64-step, 64 x Patterns, 8-note Polyphony per Step
- Effects: Chord Harmony Phrasing, Speed Modualtion, Arpeggiator, Melodic Control
- MIDI I/O: In, Out, Out/Thru
- Other I/O: 2 x 1/8″ (CV out), 2 x 1/8″ (Gate out), Clock In/Out, 2 x 5-pin DIN (out sync, in/out sync)
- USB: 1 x Type B
- Software: Squid Manager
- Power Source: 5V DC power supply (included)
- Height: 2.83″
- Width: 14.75″
- Depth: 8.81″
- Weight: 4.18 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: SQUID