Muscular Power, Distortion-free Performance
- Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology ensures distortion-free performance
- Black Widow woofer with field-replaceable basket
- Lightweight design delivers plenty of power and projection
The Peavey SP2 passive PA speaker is packed with 1,000 muscular watts of formidable sonic power (up to 2,000 watts peak). A high-output BWX Black Widow low-frequency driver yields bone-rattling bass, while an RX 22CT high-frequency driver provides great-sounding highs. Peavey’s asymmetrical Quadratic Throat Waveguide Technology horn aims the SP2’s coverage pattern 15 degrees upward and 35 downward, ensuring that sound is delivered straight to your audience’s ears, rather than above their heads. The result is clear, distortion-free performance. Complete with a field-replaceable basket, the Peavey SP2 is a phenomenal passive PA speaker!
Quadratic Throat Waveguide is Peavey’s proprietary technology ensuring hours and hours of distortion-free performance from their loudspeakers’ horns, and the SP2’s got it! To get technical, it’s a method of making the sound originate from the same exact point in the horn to avoid the distortion caused by many other designs. You can set up at your gig fully assured you’ll get nothing but clear, distortion-free performance.
- Powered: No
- Power Configuration: Bi-amplified
- LF Driver Size: 15″ BWX Black Widow speaker
- HF Driver Size: 2″ RX 22CT compression driver
- Impedance: 8 ohms P
- ower Rating: 1,000W
- Total Power: 2,000W peak
- Inputs: 2 x 1/4″, 1 x speakON (full range), 1 x speakON (Bi-amp)
- Frequency Range: 64Hz-17kHz E
- nclosure Material: Plywood with black textured paint finish
- Mounting Options: Pole Mount, Floor Wedge, 12 x M8 Fly Points
- Height: 26.53″
- Width: 16.75″ D
- Depth: 16.93″
- Weight: 55 lbs.