Made for creators of all abilities, Launchkey gives you inspirational tools to expand your musical vocabulary.
- Seamless Integration with Ableton Live
- 37 Velocity-Sensitive Keys
- 16 Velocity-Sensitive Backlit Color Pads
- 8 Control Knobs Pitch and Mod Wheels
Launchkey is Novation’s intuitive and fully integrated MIDI keyboard controller for making tracks in Ableton Live, designed to give you everything you need to create and play your music. Scale and Chord modes and a powerful arpeggiator push your musical creativity and help start new ideas. Custom Modes and a full-size MIDI output transform Launchkey into a powerful centrepiece of any music-making setup..
The Novation Launchkey 37 MK3 is an intuitive and fully integrated 37-key USB MIDI keyboard controller optimized for portability and tight integration with Ableton Live, which now features a dedicated button for activating the Capture MIDI function, plus track arm, quantize, click, and loop controls. The 16 improved velocity-sensitive, multicolored, backlit trigger pads provide greater control over dynamics and can be used to launch loops, samples, and more, while the eight knobs enable access to mixer functions and instrument/effect parameters. The USB-powered controller is compatible with a variety of DAWs and apps on Mac/Windows computers and iOS devices (adapter cables available separately).
The MK3 model offers expanded functionality and connectivity not found on the MK2. Pitch and modulation wheels, a flexible arpeggiator, single-finger chord triggering, and transport buttons let you spend more time creating on the controller and less time fiddling with your software. Eight Scale modes allow for deep exploration into new musical territory, by transposing keys played to notes in the scale selected. Simply choose your root note and your preferred scale, then play. Three Chord modes transform the keys and pads into an interactive surface of musical exploration, where every note played is tonally and harmonically linked. The arpeggiator lets you explore new melodies and find ideas quickly, while the mutate function reconstructs your patterns into exciting new forms.
Custom Modes simplify the relationship between controller and software. Programmable using the Novation Components browser-based tool, Custom Modes let you design the behavior of your Launchkey, with control over control assignments, MIDI routing, pad color, and much more. Utilize the full-sized 5-pin MIDI DIN output to control hardware synthesizers, drum machines, or sound modules from the Launchkey MK3.
Launchkey also has full integration with Logic and Reason, plus out of the box functionality with other DAWs, including Studio One, Cubase, and Pro Tools, via HUI. The included software bundle provides sounds, instruments, and effects to get you started and keep you inspired.
- Designed for Ableton Live – Immediate access to all the controls you need
- Create and play with feeling – Velocity-sensitive keyboard and 16 velocity-sensitive pads enable expressive and dynamic performance
- Get creative with chords – Three chord modes (fixed, scale, and user) let you trigger chords with one finger
- Never hit a wrong note – Scale modes transpose keys and pads to notes in the selected scale
- Capture MIDI – One-touch access to Ableton Live’s Capture MIDI feature means you’ll never lose an idea
- Get melodies moving – Powerful arpeggiator takes you to new melodic, harmonic, and rhythmic places
- Control anything MIDI – 5-pin MIDI output works with any MIDI-compatible device
- Easy-to-read screen – 16×2 character screen lets you easily see the state of what you’re controlling or selecting
- Make music immediately – Free software, including Ableton Live 10 Lite, virtual instruments, plugins, and sample packs let you start creating straight away
- Shape your sound – Tweak instruments and effects to perfection using eight rotary encoders
- Make Launchkey your own – Four Custom Modes enable you to create unique control setups for any performance or studio rig, using Novation Components