Portable MIDI Controller Keyboard from Nektar
From the company committed to offering musicians high-quality MIDI controllers at an outstanding price comes the Nektar SE49. This strikingly sleek keyboard controller is as feature-packed as it is portable. Featuring 49 velocity-sensitive full-size keys, four velocity curves, and a fader and full complement of assignable buttons that provide customizable control, the SE49 packs in everything you need to take command of your virtual instruments and DAW. The SE49 also features a 1/4″ TS jack footswitch input for connecting a foot pedal for even more MIDI control options
- Feature-packed MIDI keyboard controller with 49 velocity-sensitive, full-size keys
- Features Octave Up/Down, Transpose Up/Down, a 30mm fader, and pitch and modulation wheels
- 4 different velocity curves let you adjust the keyboard response to fit your unique playing style
- Adjust octaves up or down by -3/+4 with multicolored LED indicators that clearly show your octave status
- Transpose ±12 semitones
- 1/4″ TS jack footswitch input for connecting a foot pedal for MIDI control options
- Nektar’s DAW integration software for controlling track selection and transport controls directly from the SE49
- Comes with Bitwig 8-track DAW featuring over 50 software instruments and effects
- USB port for USB connectivity
- Works with any DAW or MIDI music software on OS X, Windows, and Apple iOS
Keys designed for great response!
Nektar knows that the keys on a keyboard are one of its most important features. That’s why they put countless hours of research and design into the velocity-sensitive, full-size keys on the SE49. These keys respond beautifully, with a nice firm feel and great rebound. There are even four different velocity curves that let you adjust the keyboard response to fit your unique playing style. The result is a comfortable playing experience as you explore the expansive world of virtual instruments.
Pitch bend and mod wheels, four buttons, and a MIDI-assignable fader to the left of the keys provide extensive customizable control. First, you can adjust octaves up or down by -3/+4 with multicolored LED indicators that clearly show your octave status. You can also transpose the keys ±12 semitones. These same buttons can also be reassigned to switch MIDI channels, change MIDI programs, select tracks, and even browse patches when DAW integration is active. And to take things even further, you can set the MIDI fader, modulation wheel, or footswitch pedal to control any MIDI CC message you desire. And your assignments are even stored when you power off, so next time you can pick up right where you left off.
Hands-on DAW control and software
Download Nektar’s DAW integration software and use the SE49 to control DAW transport functions as well as track selection, so you can put down the mouse or give your track pad a rest and gain hands-on control over your DAW. It also comes with Bitwig 8-track that features over 50 software instruments and effects. Whether you are just getting started in MIDI/DAW integration or are a seasoned pro, the SE49 has plenty to offer!
Type: Keyboard Controller
Number of Keys: 49
Type of Keys: Full-size, Synth action
Velocity Sensitive: 4 x Velocity Curves, 3 x Fixed
Other Controllers: Pitchbend, Mod Wheel
Faders: 1 x 30mm Fader
Pedal Inputs: 1 x 1/4″ (sustain)
MIDI I/O: USB
USB: 1 x Type B
Computer Connectivity: USB
Software: Bitwig Studio 8-track
OS Requirements – Mac: OS X 10.8.5 or later
OS Requirements – PC: Windows 7 SP1 or later
Power Supply: USB bus powered
Weight: 4.85 lbs.
Manufacturer Part Number: SE49