Perfect Acoustic Tone Is Just a Pedal Away!
- And all-in-one tone enhancing preamp/DI pedal for your acoustic-electric guitar
- Optimized for guitar but works great with all of your acoustic instruments
- Add vital warmth to your guitar’s natural sound with real analog saturation
- Multiband compressor smooths out your dynamics, without damaging your tone
- Variable Garret Null notch filter and phase switch combat show-stopping feedback
- Variable highpass filter lets you cut low-end boom at 40Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or 200Hz
- All discrete signal path includes both 1/4″ and XLR outputs and mute footswitch
- Ground lift switch effectively eliminates ground-loop hum
- VU meter lets you visually optimize the input gain for your instrument
- Powered by phantom power, 9V battery, or external power supply
- Ruggedly built from aluminum, steel, and ABS plastic
Because we can’t all have personal engineers standing by to provide the best possible acoustic guitar tone, LR Baggs offers you the next best thing: the Session Acoustic DI. Thanks to its series of simple, one-knob controls that cover complex processes including saturation, multiband compression, and selective resonance filtering, the Session Acoustic DI lets you dial in a professionally smooth and vitally warm sound in seconds. Other great benefits include a variable highpass filter, onboard VU meter, and a mute switch that’s really handy when you’re swapping out guitars. And with both 1/4″ and balanced XLR outputs, the LR Baggs Session Acoustic DI is an ideal addition to both your live and studio recording rigs.
As a concept, multiband compression is pretty simple: you divid your signal into separate frequency bands, compress them individually, and sum them back together. The results are impressive, allowing you to seriously rein in your dynamics, without squashing the life out of your tone. In practice, multiband compression is one of processes that normally requires both software and a fair bit of understanding how to use it. The LR Baggs Session Acoustic DI’s Comp/EQ knob takes all the headache and guesswork out of multiband compression. As you increase the dial, a pre-programmed 3-band compressor goes to work, smoothing out your guitar, without tarnishing your tone, allowing you to dig in with all the intensity you want, without overloading your gear.
- Type: Acoustic Preamp, Direct Box
- Height: 1.75″
- Width: 4″
- Depth: 6.25″
- Analog Inputs: 1 x 1/4″
- Analog Outputs: 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4″
- Manufacturer Part Number: Session DI