2i2 4th Generation | The Classic 2-In 2-Out Audio Interface, Remastered.
- Singers, Musicians, Podcasters/Streamers
- Bus/External Power, Mac/Windows/iPadOS
- 2 XLR Mic Preamps, 2 1/4″ Line/Hi-Z Ins
- 1 Headphone Out, 2 Monitor Outs
- 24-Bit / 192 kHz AD/DA Conversion
- Auto-Gain, Clip Safe Controls
- 48V, Zero-Latency Direct Monitoring
- Mic Air Mode, Multicolor Gain Halos
- Virtual Loopback for Streaming
- Ableton, Pro Tools, Hitmaker Expansion
Offering a powerful combination of high-quality sound and user-friendliness in a compact and portable format for recording, podcasting, and streaming, the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (4th Generation) 2-in / 2-out USB-C audio interface lets musicians and creators capture high-quality audio with no learning curve, no matter where they go. The 4th Generation model features new ultra-low-noise microphone preamps with up to 69 dB of gain to capture the full potential of your mics.
2i2 – Remastered for Artists and Content Creators
The original studio-quality 2-in, 2-out interface, has been remastered for the artist. Two of Focusrite’s most detailed ultra-low-noise mic pres. Hi-Z and super-high-quality line inputs for guitars, keys and synths. Studio-grade converters, with a huge 120dB dynamic range that matches what you’d find in a pro studio.
Auto Gain and Clip Safe make sure you’ll never need to worry about your levels. Air mode, with Presence and Harmonic Drive, gives you that big console sound wherever you record. And the Hitmaker Expansion software bundle includes all the tools you need to record, produce and release your tracks.
Portable, Bus Powered, or Standalone
Both compact and lightweight, the Scarlett 2i2 is rugged and ready to securely stand on your desktop or travel with you. Being bus powered via USB-C connectivity, it can be used in any room or even remote locations, with your preferred DAW on a Mac/Windows computer or on an iPad Pro equipped with a USB-C port.
The Scarlett 2i2 4th Generation can work in Standalone mode and still pass audio from the inputs to the outputs without the need for a computer. To power the unit, simply plug in an external USB power supply or USB power bank using the USB-C 5V input located on the back panel.
4th-Generation Pristine, High-Resolution Conversion
Scarlett 2i2 4th Generation uses the same studio-grade, 24-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA converters as Focusrite’s flagship RedNet interfaces, found in countless high-end studios worldwide.
Thanks to its high-performance via 24-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA converters that deliver a huge 120 dB of dynamic range, the Scarlett 2i2 is equipped to capture any source from vocals to acoustic and electric instruments clearly and accurately, so you don’t have to worry about the interface clouding your sound.
4th-Generation Mic Preamps with Air Mode
With a huge 69 dB gain range, the two upgraded 4th-generation Scarlett XLR mic preamps capture the sound of your microphones with enhanced transparency and full detail. Switchable 48V phantom power is onboard to accommodate your favorite condenser mics.
The selectable-per-channel Air Mode brings the bright and open sonic signature of a big studio console to your microphones. It adds high-end presence and rich harmonic drive to vocals and instruments, reproducing the Air effect of Focusrite’s original ISA mic preamp.
Hi-Z Instrument and Line Inputs
The two 1/4″ inputs on the Scarlett 2i2 4th Generation’s front panel are specially designed to preserve the quality of your sound when connecting instruments with high impedance (Hi-Z) like electric guitars or basses—no need for a DI box or amplifier.
At the press of a button, each 1/4″ input can be used to input line-level sources like a mixer’s output or the line outs from guitar and bass amps.
2i2 Key Features:
- A powerful custom-designed headphone amp with a huge dynamic range sets the stage for loud, clear, and accurate playback and monitoring through any headphones.
- Separate knobs are provided for quick and independent adjustment of your speakers and headphone volumes.
- 2i2 Loopback function lets you record other audio sources from within your computer (e.g., the audio output from a web browser) using the Scarlett’s virtual stereo inputs, which have no physical connectors on the hardware interface itself but may be selected in the DAW as signal sources.
- Gamers can record gaming audio plus a mic separately. YouTubers can record a mic over a video. You can also combine computer audio with your mic for streaming.
- To get started, choose from the two included DAWs: Pro Tools Artist (3-month subscription with Complete Plugin Bundle), or Ableton Live Lite recording software.