Flexible Foundation for a Serious Studio.
- High-performance 24-bit/192kHz converters
- 4 upgraded 3rd-generation Scarlett mic preamps
- Switchable Air mode gives your recordings a brighter, more open sound
- 2 high-headroom instrument inputs for bass, guitar, or synths
- 8 line inputs, 4 balanced analog line outputs
- ADAT optical input, S/PDIF I/O, MIDI I/O
- Unique, intuitive halo level indicators for optimized gain staging
- Super-low latency lets you monitor with native plug-in effects in real time
- Direct Monitor circuit for monitoring your input with guaranteed low-latency
- Virtual loopback makes podcasting, live streaming, and sampling easy
- Speaker switching technology for dual-monitor setups
- Dual headphone outputs with independent level controls
- 12V DC power supply required (included)
- Quick Start tool gets you up and running fast
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription
- Included software bundle
- Membership in Focusrite Plug-in Collective.
Focusrite’s Scarlett 18i8 is an ideal audio interface for engineers and producers who have to adapt to ever-changing recording situations. Four award-winning Focusrite mic/instrument preamps and two instrument inputs are right on the front panel where you need them. Boasting a total of eight line inputs, an ADAT input, four analog outs, plus S/PDIF and MIDI I/O, the 18i8 gives you generous connectivity and the flexibility you need to handle challenging setups.
The third-generation Scarlett 18i8 advances the state-of-the-art in USB audio interfaces with two upgraded Scarlett mic preamps, high-performance 24-bit/192kHz AD/DA converters, optimized preamp gain structure, vanishingly low latency, instrument inputs that handle scorching hot pickups, and speaker switching technology for dual-monitor setups. The mic preamps now feature Focusrite’s acclaimed Air mode that provides the coveted Air effect modeled on the company’s legendary ISA console transformers to give your voice and instrument recordings a brighter, more open sound. The Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 is the perfect foundation for a serious home or mobile studio. Fire up the included software and start producing great-sounding music today.
The 3rd-generation Focusrite Scarlett 18i8’s exterior has undergone a sleek makeover. Under the hood, though, it’s been tweaked and upgraded to deliver better sonics, lower latency, and enhanced ease of use. With sample rates up to 192kHz, you’ve got studio-grade sound you can take anywhere. Focusrite has added their renowned Air circuit to their already-amazing Scarlett mic preamps. The instrument inputs have also been re-engineered to handle the hottest active pickups. Lastly, Focusrite has wired analog protection circuitry across the Scarlett 18i8’s inputs and outputs, safeguarding your interface from damaging power surges.
The Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 is equipped with four vibrant and pristine Focusrite preamps. For over 25 years, Focusrite’s award-winning pres have proven their mettle in pro studios around the world. Focusrite ports their considerable design savvy into the transparent, low-noise, low-distortion preamps in the Scarlett 18i8. This is the same technology found in Focusrite’s flagship products, giving you gobs of available headroom to accommodate your dynamic, condenser and ribbon mics on any source, no matter how boisterous. Of course, you also get phantom power for your mics that require it. Add to that Focusrite’s switchable Air mode, and you’ve got the sound that launched a thousand hits.
- Phantom Power: Yes
- A/D Resolution: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Analog Inputs: 4 x XLR-1/4″ combo (mic/Hi-Z), 4 x 1/4″ (line)
- Analog Outputs: 4 x 1/4″ (line out)
- Digital Inputs: 1 x Coax (S/PDIF), 1 x Optical
- Digital Outputs: 1 x Coax (S/PDIF)
- Headphones: 2 x 1/4″
- MIDI I/O: In/Out
- USB: 1 x Type USB-C
- Software: Ableton Live Lite, Pro Tools First Creative Pack, Red Plug-in Suite, Focusrite Collective access
- OS Requirements – Mac: macOS 10.12 or later
- OS Requirements – PC: Windows 7 SP1 or later (Scarlett), Windows 10 v1809 or later (Pro Tools First)
- Power Supply: 12V DC power supply (included)
- Manufacturer Part Number: AMS-SCARLETT-18I8-3G